Virtual DJ Studio Home | NGWave Home | Official Facebook Page | Unofficial VDJ Users Group

Author Topic: DJ Controllers  (Read 9969 times)

Offline s1958evn

• View Profile
DJ Controllers
« on: September 12, 2013, 01:18:47 AM »
Hi does anyone know of any DJ Controllers that might work with Virtual DJ Studio I have a Numark Omni-control at moment and that does not work.

Offline Justin

• Site Administrator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Virtual DJ Studio
Re: DJ Controllers
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 08:12:07 AM »
At the moment, Virtual DJ Studio doesn't have any MIDI-controller support. It is something we plan for the future, but it's not on our immediate list right now...

When we do add MIDI controller support, it will most likely not include "scratching" support - but I do plan to enable the control buttons, and the turn-tables could control the pitch/tempo, etc. I want to make it fully configurable where you could pretty much assign any button or control to anything within the program.

But again, we have a lot of new things coming right now (mobile app for song requests, fully customize-able karaoke screen, video support, etc) that will come first. MIDI control will hopefully be implemented toward the end of the year...
-- Justin Nelson, CEO
   Next Generation Software, Inc.
   http://www.vdj.net/

Offline s1958evn

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 10:42:00 AM »
Thanks for the reply great to think the software is evolving all the time. :)

Offline Justin

• Site Administrator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Virtual DJ Studio
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 11:39:39 AM »
If you've been following our forums at all, you'll realize that I take user suggestions very seriously :)  Many (most?) of VDJ's features came from ideas my customers came up with. Always feel free to post ideas. They may not happen immediately, but I always put them in my "TODO List" if it sounds like a good idea.

I use VDJ "in the field" myself, but not as frequently as many of my customers. So ideas from people actually using the program are always welcome and always taken into consideration.

Honestly the main reason I haven't implemented any kind of MIDI-controller support as yet, is that I don't own one myself. I have to have one for testing. It's on my list of "toys" to get that I can justify purchasing, since it's for "business" :)  I just need to finish up the current features I'm working on first...

Anyway, welcome to the forums, I hope you continue to participate and throw any ideas you have my way. Together, this community can help make Virtual DJ Studio the best DJ/KJ program on the market :)
-- Justin Nelson, CEO
   Next Generation Software, Inc.
   http://www.vdj.net/

Offline Fabio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2013, 12:14:11 PM »
Together, this community can help make Virtual DJ Studio the best DJ/KJ program on the market :)

Amen!  ;)
Fabio Q.
Shooting Star Karaoke