Virtual DJ Studio Home | NGWave Home | Official Facebook Page | Unofficial VDJ Users Group

Author Topic: Song will not play in VDJ Studio  (Read 8355 times)

Offline Hanginon

• View Profile
Song will not play in VDJ Studio
« on: March 04, 2014, 08:22:33 AM »
I am a frequent troll in SoundCloud - lots of people posting original music, lots of it very creative, many can be downloaded.

You may find that the song will not play in VDJ Studio (actually, the song loads, but it shows hundredths of a second playing time). The reason, an embedded PNG image in the mp3 file. The solution is to just use an mp3 file editor and remove it. That's it.

Offline Fabio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Song will not play in VDJ Studio
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2014, 09:59:08 AM »
Thanks for the tip!  I'll submit it as a bug. Perhaps on the next update that can be fixed. Can you post a link to a sample?
Fabio Q.
Shooting Star Karaoke

Offline Justin

• Site Administrator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Virtual DJ Studio
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 05:47:24 AM »
If you could forward a sample file to my private email (jmanvdj@gmail.com) I can take a look and try to sort out the problem.
-- Justin Nelson, CEO
   Next Generation Software, Inc.
   http://www.vdj.net/

Offline Hanginon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2014, 10:26:22 AM »
Justin,

I did send you a sample file about 2 months ago, but I am reluctant to call this a "bug".

SoundCloud is one of the few that embeds the cover art as a png image - most services use a jpg or bmp image, which VDJ Studio handles fine. I'm guessing SoundCloud started this years ago when HD storage was at a premium.

I really only posted this (and the solution) on the remote possibility that it occurs to someone else.