Virtual DJ Studio Home | NGWave Home | Official Facebook Page | Unofficial VDJ Users Group

Author Topic: Of interest to all KJs - including legal related issues  (Read 13026 times)

Offline Fabio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Of interest to all KJs - including legal related issues
« on: June 20, 2013, 02:55:57 PM »
I'm not sure how long this will be up but they promised it also be up on youtube shortly.

Karaoke Cloud Music City Summit 2013
http://new.livestream.com/accounts/4348237/events/2168578/videos/22034378

It's a big long a few hours...I had to watch it in pieces luckily you can rewind by drawing play line.  This is the complete stream including their 1 hour lunch break...so when they say they're going to take an hour off for lunch you must fast forward 1 hour otherwise you'll be watching their logo for an hour.

Of interest is the issue on Piracy or what they consider piracy.  Including a section by one of the owners of sound choice.

I was also interested in the META DATA section...I know some of that stuff would be of great use to KJs and when they get it all out together it would be a great addition to the tools KJs use....I know some of it is included already through the ID3v2...but this would expand it and standardize it through all the catalogs/publishers.  As an example the presenter mentioned you could do a search for all the songs that are in the key of G or all the songs that are duets (male & female or male & male or female & female)...all this information would be included so that a hosting application could "pull" this information from all your songs. 

-Fabio

Update:  The Metadata stuff can be found at about the 3.37 mark (3 hours 37 minutes).
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 04:30:59 PM by fabioq »
Fabio Q.
Shooting Star Karaoke

Offline Justin

• Site Administrator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Virtual DJ Studio
Re: Of interest to all KJs - including legal related issues
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 08:20:58 PM »
Just to bump this up, there is a lot of good information from the Karaoke producers' leading the industry in these videos. You don't have to watch it all, but we've been discussing ideas relating to the proposed metadata information to potentially be available "in the cloud" which, if they do standardize on this, VDJ will support as much as possible.

Most notably would be a "key" setting, where you would know the specific key a song is in and, instead of specifying +1 or -2, you would potentially be able to say "play this file in the key of G". Among other things, including writing credits, production year, song info such as "is a duet" or "group sing-along", and so much more.

If you plan to host Karaoke gigs in the coming years, this video is worth sitting through. I personally will be watching the industry closely, in hopes that Virtual DJ Studio is among the first to implement these new standards for Karaoke now and into the future.
-- Justin Nelson, CEO
   Next Generation Software, Inc.
   http://www.vdj.net/

Offline Fabio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Of interest to all KJs - including legal related issues
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 08:37:44 PM »
Justin:

Thanks for bumping this...

This is now been broken up into more manageable pieces in youtube.  Follow this link for the introduction and you will find all the other pieces next to it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMsr1_iwClM

Again, the metadata is the part I found most interesting.  I'm glad Justin is committed to adding these features to VDJ as they become standardized.

-Fabio

-Fabio
Fabio Q.
Shooting Star Karaoke