Virtual DJ Studio Home | NGWave Home | Official Facebook Page | Unofficial VDJ Users Group

Author Topic: Mixing down to mono  (Read 6771 times)

Offline Hanginon

• View Profile
Mixing down to mono
« on: June 13, 2014, 04:50:08 AM »
In the drop-down boxes for the individual player lines, there is the option to mix down to mono.

Is there a global option so that everything is played in mono?

Offline Fabio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Mixing down to mono
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 03:50:59 PM »
I think you're talking about the Multiplex feature.  If that's what you're talking about....no, it's not a global setting, it's only for that line and it only survives for the currently loaded song in that line.  As soon as you drop another song it goes back to normal (stereo).  This was introduced for certain Karaoke songs that are multiplexed, where they have the vocals on the right or left and you don't want to hear them.  Most of these songs have the demo vocals on the left channel.  I've yet to come across one that has it on the right channel.  This lets you mute those vocals.

Here's an explanation I found online:

"All Karaoke discs are made in either a multiplex or non-multiplex format. Multiplex discs also do not feature the original artist.
Multiplex discs, have vocal demos for each song so that you can choose to listen to the song with or without the vocals. Non-multiplex discs provide only one version of the song, without the vocals."

This, of course, doesn't just apply to discs...it also applies to mp3/cdg (zipped or unzipped) files.  Luckily the majority of the karaoke songs out there are non-multiplex...so this feature will rarely be used but it's nice to have it when you need it.  I know I have a few songs in my library where I occasionally use it. It's nice that it goes back to normal once the next song gets loaded so you don't have to remember to set it back to normal mode.

Fabio Q.
Shooting Star Karaoke

Offline Hanginon

• View Profile
Re: Mixing down to mono
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2014, 05:50:08 AM »
Thank you.