Virtual DJ Studio Home | NGWave Home | Official Facebook Page | Unofficial VDJ Users Group

Author Topic: data base and song book info needed  (Read 8679 times)

Offline tnlem

• View Profile
data base and song book info needed
« on: June 14, 2014, 10:22:41 AM »
I am having  2 problems  one with the data base. I am in the trial mode I have under options downloaded my music and at the bottom index complete and it found so many files as total and so many as karaoke, but when i look i can find only 20 or so . What am I doing wrong.
Second question Is there a way to make a song book in this program or how can i make one? Thanks for your help
Sing, have fun and live long

Offline tnlem

• View Profile
Re: data base and song book info needed
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 09:59:59 AM »
NO ANSWER FOR THIS? :'( I WOULD LIKE TO PURCHASE BUT WITH OUT SONG BOOK IT A PROBLEM HELP PLEASE! THANKS

Offline Justin

• Site Administrator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Virtual DJ Studio
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2014, 04:22:14 PM »
VDJ does not currently have a songbook option - that is something I have planned for the next version, coming in a couple of months. I do plan to incorporate a full-featured songbook creator with various sorting and formatting options...

For the time being, you can find free programs that can create a songbook from your filesystem, I'm sure some other members here might have some suggestions as to what they use...
-- Justin Nelson, CEO
   Next Generation Software, Inc.
   http://www.vdj.net/

Offline Justin

• Site Administrator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Virtual DJ Studio
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2014, 04:24:02 PM »
As for the database search, make sure all of the correct folders/drives are added to the index. The search is case-insensitive and matches all search terms in any order, including partial words. Eg, "sinat fran way my" would match "Frank Sinatra - My Way"... I put a lot of work into the search algorithm, but some minor improvements will come in the next version.
-- Justin Nelson, CEO
   Next Generation Software, Inc.
   http://www.vdj.net/

Offline tnlem

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2014, 11:59:45 AM »
Thanks Justin
I did purchase and i'm starting to get the hang of it. This is absolutely a fun loving and outstanding program. I do a gig at the local senior center "NC" and it a ball of fun. It last 3 hours every week,with any where from 12 to 16 singers and audience up to  50 or so. We use a vocopro DVD and most singers have there own cd-g, but I hoping to start using DJ Studio soon. One question, Is there a way to record and playback with DJS I found the talk button but can't find much info on it use. Again thanks for a great program.

Offline Fabio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2014, 02:40:31 PM »
Yeah, VDJ (or DJS...as you call it) is a really solid (...and fun!) program.  I've been using it for a few years myself to host a weekly show at a couple of local bars here in LA.  Unfortunately there is no recording option but you can probably just use your own program for recording...you can even use the built-in windows SOUND RECORDER.  Either way, you will probably have to run a line from an UN-amplified output from your mixer/amp to the input/mic on your laptop or desktop.  I've done it myself and even thought about making CDs and selling it back to the singers but quickly backtracked when I realized about all the sue happy people in the recording industry.  This is probably the same reason this program doesn't have that feature. 
Fabio Q.
Shooting Star Karaoke