Virtual DJ Studio Home | NGWave Home | Official Facebook Page | Unofficial VDJ Users Group

Author Topic: playing cdg in mp3 window  (Read 12017 times)

Offline john flecher

• View Profile
playing cdg in mp3 window
« on: November 04, 2014, 05:29:41 AM »
Hiya I have been using the 5.3 version for the last 3 years and I have loved it nice and simple  it was brilliant .due to the the fact I am now using windows 8 I have had to up grade to the 6.9 version  beause the 5.3 version would not run properly.

And yet again you have done a brilliant job again .apart from I cant play cd+g in the mp3 window like I used to be able to do in the 5.3 version .like to use it tha way because if I get a quiet night I can let a singer do 2 or 3 songs one after another and virtual dj did all the work for me just put them in the mp3 window and they just flowed into next one.is there any way I can make the mp3 window play cdg files as well.

Kind reards

Johnny Fletcher

Offline Fabio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: playing cdg in mp3 window
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2014, 09:49:06 AM »
Hi Johnny:

If I'm correct, I think you are talking about the playlist.  It's been a long time since 5.3...but I believe due to some issues with how the playlist now works, you can't play CDGs there.  However, you do the same functionality with the lines and with bit more control, I might add, you drop CDG songs on some of the play lines.  One right after the other and as long as you have the trigger set, they will play one after the other without you touching the computer. In the example jpg I've dropped three CDG songs on the first three lines, this would play them back to back.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Fabio Q.
Shooting Star Karaoke

Offline john flecher

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2014, 02:13:17 PM »
thank you .
I have upgrade to the 6.9 version and that is the one I am having the trouble with. I will try what you have suggested and get back to you. do you know if the 5.3 version runs on widows 8 I have tried running it in recommend settings but  for some reason I cant cant play mp3 files unless they are in the search  list .

Offline Fabio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 05:37:19 PM »
If I remember correctly I had lots of trouble running 5.3 on Windows 8, but then again I was having trouble running it in Windows 7...but that turned out to be my laptop having lots of issues, so it wasn't so much Windows 7 itself.  But if you've upgraded already, version 6.9 is soooo much better that there is no point in running version 5.3....I know in my case I had a bit of anxiety leaving 5.3 initially, so I had one laptop with 5.3 and the other with 6.9 until I was sure everything worked correctly.   Since upgrading, I haven't had any crashes, where as before certain songs would crash it.  I also loved the ability to change key settings per singer and not have to reset it back to 0 after.  So, if I were you, I'd learn the new features and you won't be giving 5.3 a second look.

-Fabio
Fabio Q.
Shooting Star Karaoke

Offline john flecher

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 05:36:01 AM »
cheers that's really help full.
mine kept crashing for no reason . I could play one cdg fine then then next time I played it the programme would crash.
I think you are right time to leave 5.3 and use the  new version
many thanks for help and advice
will let you know how I get on.
one thing though . I tried to trigger all channels but it would only let me trigger two is this right or am I doing something wrong
Kind regards
johnny

Offline Fabio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 02:34:54 PM »
Hi Johnny:

It should trigger all of them, you do have to have a song (mp3 or CDG) on the next line available for it to trigger...if it's blank, it won't let you set the trigger.

Yeah, you won't regret using 6.9...it's a solid program.  It just works.

-Fab
Fabio Q.
Shooting Star Karaoke

Offline john flecher

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 05:31:43 AM »
Doh you was right I had not put nothing in next line
and yes it is brilliant I have tried loads of other programmes .looking for something better but have not found one yet.
I also use it for djing .I am not into mixing I do the basic weddings,biithdays , etc etc
and it is ideal for that
looking forward to the newer version coming out

Offline Fabio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2014, 02:10:26 PM »
Yeah, I've done some basic DJing myself with this and it works really well for that too.  The playlist works much better too for that as you can still move the songs around depending of the mood, also, it lets you transition to a new song more smoothly, for example if the song is not working for people and you need to switch easily and the switch can sometimes be unperceptive to people.  It doesn't do beat matching but somehow it transitions really well. There's also the control-left click feature which let's you preview a song on a headset if you have two sound cards.  For example I have an external sound card on my laptop which I use for the main sound and I use the internal sound card for previewing, I just plug my headset to the side of the laptop and I can listen to the song before I play it to the audience...that's a new feature on 6.9 and if you have a 2nd sound card, you will love this feature.  You can even preview the sound of a karaoke song, even if it's zipped.  It will not display the graphics, it will just play the sound.  This great if someone is not sure of the song or they want a specific version of karaoke song but they don't know which one sounds best. 

Fabio Q.
Shooting Star Karaoke

Offline john flecher

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2014, 09:41:42 AM »
using it tonight for the first time at a gig .cant see there being any problems. something else to ask you though in the mp3 window if a song was playing and I want to change I could just put the pointer on the song underneath click on it and it would play .on this version I have to stop the song then click on the song I want to play.is there some thing I need to change in options.hope you under stand what I many
johnny

Offline Fabio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2014, 01:52:46 PM »

Oh yes, that no longer works...my understanding is that this was done to prevent accidental clicks...specially if you're using a laptop without a mouse...the touch pad can sometimes accidentally be triggered.  So now you have to right-click, but this is where it gets better.  This is where you'll notice the Fadeout & Play next song or "Fadeout and play Selected song" (see my screen cap).  This what I was talking about with the nearly seamless fading out of a song fading in the new song.   This functionality is also true in other areas such as the karaoke singers queue...you used to be able to double-click to launch the next singer.  Now you have to right click.  It took me a little while to get used to it, but now I don't even think about it.  And I did experience the accidental clicks occasionally so even though I was annoyed of the change initially, now I'm happy that it was changed as I haven't accidentally launched the wrong song at least not by this method. I've done it because I wasn't paying attention when somebody was talking to me at the time.

Anyway, have a good gig.  I'll be doing the same later tonight.

-Fabio

[attachment deleted by admin]
Fabio Q.
Shooting Star Karaoke

Offline Justin

• Site Administrator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Virtual DJ Studio
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2014, 02:53:17 PM »
You can right-click on a song in the playlist and select "Fade Out and Play Selected" or "Cut to Selected", etc.

As for the CDG files in the playlist, yes, the rewrite made that difficult, and some people have complained that they accidentally played a Karaoke song in the playlist (their files not all that well organized and named)...
-- Justin Nelson, CEO
   Next Generation Software, Inc.
   http://www.vdj.net/

Offline john flecher

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2014, 05:32:20 AM »
 :) you sir are a genius just right clicked on song and see fade out and play next song .I love it .
thank you so much for all your advice and patience with me.
I know I should read the help file but it don't sink in to my tiny brain
johnny