Virtual DJ Studio Home | NGWave Home | Official Facebook Page | Unofficial VDJ Users Group

Author Topic: HTTP web server  (Read 6540 times)

Offline Fabio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
HTTP web server
« on: December 15, 2014, 08:10:25 PM »
I would like to see a check box on the dialog box to automaticaly COPY and set the URL.  When unchecked then it becomes manual again.

I've attached a Word file for those of you wanting to create instruction sheets for your singers.  Obviously you will have to edit the WIFI and passcode (not using real one on this attachment) and ip address for your location.  I started printing lots of them and handing them out and setting them next to the books.  I'm going to laminate a bunch of them which will hopefully survive several nights.

-Fabio

[attachment deleted by admin]
Fabio Q.
Shooting Star Karaoke

Offline vcationguy

• View Profile
Re: HTTP web server
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2014, 05:49:11 AM »
Thanks Fabio!

Ron

Offline Justin

• Site Administrator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Virtual DJ Studio
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2014, 05:44:02 PM »
I'll check out the word file later on, thanks for putting in the effort!

As for the checkbox, instead I just made it default to always using the current URL. Later I'll maybe put a checkbox, in case you're using a redirect or whatever, but I believe in 99% of the cases, you'll want whatever current local IP to be set as the URL.

Note that the URL field's only purpose is for generating the QR code shortcut. But in most cases it should just be the IP. Even if you're using a redirect, it shouldn't matter that the QR just takes you directly to the local IP anyway; the friendly URL can be used when someone wants to type it in...
-- Justin Nelson, CEO
   Next Generation Software, Inc.
   http://www.vdj.net/

Offline Fabio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2014, 06:09:13 PM »
Thanks for the change.  It should help.  I think it still needs the check box to make it optional.  I'm looking at the possibility of having port 8080 open on both of the routers where I host.  So far it's open in one of the bars and forwarded to one the local IPs. They're using port 80 already -which I would have preferred.  At my DnS, I've already set up a domain that points to the external IP.  I'm using the bar's initials (wc.fabiosbook.com and dr.fabiosbook.com).  I'm thinking of having a static page at www.fabiosbook.com with links to the two bars.  People will just click either one and they will get forwarded to one of the two domains, that way they'll avoid having to use the port number....or I just give then http://dr.fabiosbook.com:8080 which would too much for people already tipsy.  I think that will work until you get some time to get the external site built which won't require ports to be opened....hopefully??? ;)
Fabio Q.
Shooting Star Karaoke