Virtual DJ Studio Home | NGWave Home | Official Facebook Page | Unofficial VDJ Users Group

Author Topic: Changes to the availability of some songs  (Read 5847 times)

Offline Fabio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Changes to the availability of some songs
« on: January 08, 2015, 02:15:00 AM »
So I just found why some songs are no longer available to purchase online.  Apparently on July 1st 2014 new licensing changes occurred which affect the US, UK and Europe in general.  Here's a link to one the current karaoke manufacturers. The list is huge and it includes big names Like U2, The Eagles (Don Henly, Glenn Fly) and even newer artists like Katy Perry and Adele. Here's the link:

http://sbikaraoke.com/site/node/2878

I'm still a bit confused about because though they list Katy Perry for example, but most of her songs are still available on the above site for purchase and download.  Though some of the sites where I used to purchase from have pulled some of their songs.  For now, I'm purchasing them from these sites before they're completely pulled. They're priced in either Euros or British pounds, which means they're more expensive per song than the US online stores I used to purchase from where I was paying $1.99ish per song.  These are are 1.99 or 2.00 which means they are about $3.35 plus my bank (Citibank) charges about .35 cents foreign fee.

Mostly I'm now purchasing from from Sunfly, Mr Entertainer, Karaoke Version and SBI (and Abraxa which is part of SBI).  Before, I was purchasing most of my songs from www.karaokeDownloads.ca at about $1.99 and sometimes less when I purchased a large block of credits. This company included all the above mentioned manufacturers except for Karaoke Version.

This is a real bummer because I pride myself in always having the latest songs available.

I would think the licensing to karaoke would bring more money to these artists pockets and keeps them popular with their fans.

:(
Fabio Q.
Shooting Star Karaoke