Virtual DJ Studio Home | NGWave Home | Official Facebook Page | Unofficial VDJ Users Group

Author Topic: Audiograbber question  (Read 4972 times)

Offline NeilG

• View Profile
Audiograbber question
« on: May 25, 2015, 11:11:26 PM »
Hi all, this is driving me nuts ..... I have been using Audiograbber (1.83) to rip CD+G for years, under XP, great with no problems. Now I have had to drag my kit 'up to date' and have two 64 bit machines, one on W7 and the other on W8.1. On both Grabber will only rip CD+G at around 0.2x (which obviously takes forever).

I have tried different drives (including and older Plextor), played with the options, followed a few threads from other forums - all without success.

Has anyone encountered such poor ripping performance? What am I missing? Is there a workaround or fix? Can anyone send me Audiograbber 1.7 to try - This is reported to have worked fine in a W7 64 bit environment?

If I can't fix this I'm going to have to move to a different ripper - but which one?

Thanks in anticipation of some help on this one ...... Neil

Offline Fabio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Audiograbber question
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2015, 01:28:24 PM »
Hi Neil:

I don't use Audiograbber, I use a another piece of software to rip CDG+ but the name escapes me right now.  I now purchase the individual tracks directly, instead of ripping them so I don't remember the last time I had to rip a CD...anyway, if you still have the working copy on another machine, I found a really good piece of software called "Total Uninstall 6", this software will allow you to backup individual programs on one machine (along with settings from the registry) and you can restore it on another machine.  I recently upgraded a laptop from a 32 bit version of Windows 7 to 64 bit and one of the program I really liked using which I bought long time ago and didn't feel like upgrading (it works just fine for me as is) was Photoshop 7...the program itself is a 32 bit program, so it will run on a 64 bit system, the problem is that the CD installer is a 16 bit program which doesn't run the 64 bit version of Windows, so I couldn't install it.  Luckily I still had my previous hard drive, I didn't wipe it because I wanted to make sure everything was working on my new drive before doing so.  I used this program to backup it up from my old hard drive and restored it to the new hard drive and it's working without a hitch.  Here's a link to the website...I think they have a 30 day trial, so technically you don't have to buy it for a one time usage...but I'd highly recommended it.

http://www.martau.com/uninstaller-download.php

Fabio Q.
Shooting Star Karaoke