Virtual DJ Studio Home | NGWave Home | Official Facebook Page | Unofficial VDJ Users Group

Author Topic: Virtual DJ Studio APP ?  (Read 5292 times)

Offline genius5000

• View Profile
Virtual DJ Studio APP ?
« on: October 10, 2015, 10:19:39 PM »
I really like the AUTOPLAY mode, like the fact that unlike the other virtual mixers, crossfader here stays in the middle,
does not go left & right automatically! Not everyone's a techno DJ, you know  ;D
I also like the way it mixes with Gap Killer.

Is there anyway you could bring up a Virtual DJ Studio 2015 APP for iOS with the Autoplay/GapKiller feature?
That would be brilliant!

Thank you for staying simple & different.

Offline Justin

• Site Administrator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Virtual DJ Studio
Re: Virtual DJ Studio APP ?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2015, 11:43:21 AM »
It's a possibility for the future... only problem with iOS is that you pretty much have to use a Mac. I used to have one back in 2009 but it has since died, and I haven't been able to afford another one yet... Android apps are easier to create.

I do personally use an iPhone, and an Android tablet, so this is something I have thought about. Being able to crossfade songs as well as volume leveling would be nice (I've had to use my iPhone for back up music while rebooting my laptop at a gig on more than one occasion, so an app would be handy).

Once I get the app idea figured out, I plan to make it interface with VDJ for more control than the current browser app offers...
-- Justin Nelson, CEO
   Next Generation Software, Inc.
   http://www.vdj.net/

Offline genius5000

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2015, 03:58:53 AM »
hey, sorry for the delay.

yes that would be great if you do come up with an iOS app in tjhe future.

not sure about the volume levelling thing ... did you mean AGC?
i never really liked that in music because the beats constantly bounce up & down in order keep the volume up.
i would like something like "normalize/maximize" the older CD rips, if possible, like in DAW compression.

i've noticed in your "Autocrossfade" it doesnt actually keep playing the end of the previous track while the new track starts ...
is there anyway we can make it do that?

cheers

Offline genius5000

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2015, 04:13:34 AM »
okay, i've sorted out the mixing stuff in "crossfade option" > uncheck fade out

Offline Justin

• Site Administrator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Virtual DJ Studio
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2015, 07:54:32 AM »
i never really liked that in music because the beats constantly bounce up & down in order keep the volume up.

That's a phenomenon called "Pumping", and I avoid this by using a two-stage compressor. When you click the AGC button on VDJ, you'll see that you can configure the attack/release/threshold etc for each stage independently. I personally like using the compression (AGC) as I can pretty much set up a playlist and walk away (sometimes I go out and solicit requests from the crowd, and just interact, and I don't have to run over there and turn the volume up/down if a louder/softer song comes up.

It's mostly a matter of personal preference I suppose...
-- Justin Nelson, CEO
   Next Generation Software, Inc.
   http://www.vdj.net/

Offline genius5000

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2015, 12:44:47 AM »
yes it should be PUMPED UP  8)

I will try out your AGC (1&2) and will let you klnow.