Virtual DJ Studio Home | NGWave Home | Official Facebook Page | Unofficial VDJ Users Group

Author Topic: Phone app not saving  (Read 5702 times)

Offline chaz

• View Profile
Phone app not saving
« on: October 20, 2015, 12:13:12 PM »
When songs are added from the phone app they are not automatically saving to that singers list. 

Also another guest added 3 songs for another singer without him knowing.. Phone app needs to be password protected and or through Facebook sign-in. This would allow auto connect to the Facebook pic... And help save individual history

Offline Justin

• Site Administrator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Virtual DJ Studio
Re: Phone app not saving
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 01:50:15 PM »
The song app does not interface with Facebook in any way. To implement the Facebook API into VDJ would be a nightmare of a task, and not something I plan to do in the near future. You have to authenticate the user through Facebook, and store the secure token, and so on... there's a lot involved.

Pulling a profile pic from an open profile is easy. Anything beyond that is very difficult and beyond the scope of VDJ (for now anyway).

As for when someone submits a request, they can type anything they want in the "Name" part - nothing I can do about that. It is up to the DJ to actually add the song to the queue and assign it to a singer, and decide if it was submitted by the actual person named.

This is no different than when people would write down someone else's name on a request and send it up... not a new problem for KJs...
-- Justin Nelson, CEO
   Next Generation Software, Inc.
   http://www.vdj.net/

Offline Justin

• Site Administrator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Virtual DJ Studio
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 01:57:03 PM »
To follow up... in the future, I have plans to set up a dedicated website for this purpose. Rather than having them log in via Facebook, they would create an account on my server. From there, they could look up their favorite DJs (who happen to be using VDJ), find venues, manage their own saved songs list, etc. I may link that server app to Facebook at some point in the future (so they could quickly share or "like" a DJ/venue/event, post pics, etc without leaving the VDJ app).

But all of this is a ways off. For the 8.x release I'm currently working on, my focus is on specific items:

- Video Playback
- Faster and more intelligent song indexing
- Ability to create and print songbooks in an automated fashion
- Complete overhaul of the main interface, with Windows 10 and touch-capabilities as a main focus, but will be easier to use for all users back to Windows 7.

Note that when this big release comes out (8.0 will be also known as VDJ 2016, hopefully released by end of year), active forum members who are licensed for 7.x will receive a special offer for the upgrade... :)
-- Justin Nelson, CEO

Offline chaz

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2015, 08:26:49 PM »
If you are planning on going the route of Songbook db... I will find something else now...

The reason I am here now is because nobody liked the concept or actions.. including myself...
So many issues with having proper formats etc.. in loading database.. I spent more time in a week messing with online database for DJ and karaoke.... than I would running shows...
He would have to shutdown the product when he needed to do updates.. in the middle of my Sunday Show... No thankyou

Offline chaz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2015, 08:34:06 PM »
So when songs added from the phone app are not saved .. is there any way to save them.. If you click save singer it saves it as a multiple singer .. Joe B is saved multiple times..
I guess the dj could re search the song and then re enter it under that singers name.. kinda defeats the purpose of a phone app tho.

Offline Justin

• Site Administrator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Virtual DJ Studio
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2015, 06:49:16 AM »
When you add the request to the Karaoke Queue, it does not save the singer - and since that is a DJ action (eg, you have to click on the request and add it to the queue), I suppose it should auto-add the singer as well.

However, I don't get what you mean by multiple singers with the same name - the will add the song to that singer, not create a duplicate singer. If you are experiencing duplicate singers with the same name, let me know exactly what steps you are taking to cause this to happen, because it shouldn't...
-- Justin Nelson, CEO

Offline Justin

• Site Administrator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Virtual DJ Studio
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2015, 06:51:31 AM »
I forgot to address your other post... IF and when I do a songbook server, that will be a completely OPTIONAL feature. The built-in server app that is currently being used will still be there and functional. I have some planned improvements for that as well, including multiple language support (basically, just another template file for the hard-coded words and phrases that show up).
-- Justin Nelson, CEO

Offline chaz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2015, 12:57:40 PM »
If I add a song for Joe V. and save singer song auto saves .. Now Joe V. uses phone app and adds song two... It doesn't save him.. I have to manually save him.. It duplicates the same name and now I have two Joe V.

what I end up doing is deleting the first one and only saving the one made with the phone app.... Tho confusing....