Virtual DJ Studio Home | NGWave Home | Official Facebook Page | Unofficial VDJ Users Group

Author Topic: Shhh so quiet  (Read 5187 times)

Offline chaz

• View Profile
Shhh so quiet
« on: January 02, 2016, 07:58:07 PM »
Been quiet around here...

Anything new goin on

It would be nice to have a fade to next song button from one karaoke channel to another... when having a long outro...

Offline Fabio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Shhh so quiet
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 11:42:02 PM »
Hi Chaz:

You actually do have a control, though not an actual button.  If you right click on any line there is a "Fade out & Stop".  Test it out and see how it works.  you can also do the same two other ways: by clicking control+shift+1 (the number "1" refers to the line number) or you can just hold the control key as you click the STOP button. All three of those will do the same. 

Happy New Year!
Fabio Q.
Shooting Star Karaoke

Offline chaz

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 01:34:24 PM »
What I tend to do is Start song two and use the channel volume slider to fade out.. not ideal when busy but works. 

Offline Fabio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2016, 02:47:18 PM »
Believe it or not, that's actually what it's doing already.  In earlier versions, you'd actually see see the slider move down slowly and once the song in line 2 was fully fade-in and the song in line 1 had stopped completely, it would snap back to the centered spot (the bracketed level - I forget what it's called).  The visual movement was removed in later versions to allow for the volume level to be preset and not snap back to the bracketed area.  This means the volume level on that line stays in the preset area when you use this function instead of snapping back.  I use this a lot specially in line 2 where I set the volume level for the in-between song to be lower than than the karaoke (line 1).  Since all the lines have to have the same functionality line 1 has to have the same function as all the other lines even thought it's not needed.  I suppose Justin could have have made the visual movement for all the lines, but back when he was making the change he asked us about it and we all agreed that as long as it was the same functionality, we didn't need the visual. Programmatically, I think it made it easier for him.  We preferred that he concentrated in programming other areas we really needed than just programming a visual.

If anything needs to be added, I'd like similar functionality but going the other way.  Basically when a karaoke song starts in line 1, to fade out line 2 and pause line 2 (or stop completely -depending on how you want it).  I tend to play the same song on line 2 for a span of several karaoke songs unless it doesn't fit the type of songs people are singing in karaoke - then I just change it.  I just start line 1 playing and manually slide down the volume on line 2, then once the volume is completely off, I click the pause button on line 2 and slide the volume at the level I had it before.  The problem is that occasionally when it's busy I forget to slide up and once the karaoke song is done playing it starts playing line 2 but everything is quiet because I forgot to slide the volume back up.  There is a setting under options to "Ensure Triggered line is audible" that would prevent that, but it starts line 2 at full volume instead of the lowered setting I like so I usually have it disabled.
Fabio Q.
Shooting Star Karaoke

Offline chaz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2016, 05:47:23 PM »
I do something very similar. With the slider left and right crossfader I have a playlist constantly playing in the mp3 player and have that set for the right channel and karaoke channel one with the left.

When Karaoke songs are finished I just click the right arrow on the slider and it shifts everything over to the mp3 player and again I move the volume slider to a reasonable sound lower than Karaoke of course. I load a Karaoke song in channel 1 press play then the left crossfader to fade out mp3 and start Karaoke.

It would be more ideal if when you could set it after every Karaoke song it automatically started playing something from the mp3 playlist. Then when you click the Next button it would fade out the mp3 player and start the Karaoke player. My old Karaoke program I used headed feature like that which I really miss.

Offline vcationguy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2016, 10:37:46 AM »
I agree Fabio.  I asked about something like that a while ago.  I hope Justin is able to incorporate it.  :)