Virtual DJ Studio Home | NGWave Home | Official Facebook Page | Unofficial VDJ Users Group

Author Topic: Lyric sync  (Read 7284 times)

Offline Fabio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Lyric sync
« on: January 23, 2016, 03:07:11 PM »
I would like to have the lyric sync to reset back to normal after every karaoke song.  Some karaoke songs are off sync and need to be manually synced but when it's a busy night I sometimes forget to reset it back to normal and all the following karaoke songs end up being off sync too until I remember to reset it.  :P

Fabio Q.
Shooting Star Karaoke

Offline chaz

• View Profile
Re: Lyric sync
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 05:49:48 PM »
I have just the opposite problem. Most of my karaoke songs needed to be sped up. So I tend to leave it throughout the night one notch past center, and make minor adjustments from there..

Offline Fabio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2016, 08:15:02 PM »
Do you just like the lyrics to be a notch ahead or are your songs really slow on the lyrics?
Fabio Q.
Shooting Star Karaoke

Offline vcationguy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2016, 10:40:05 AM »
Good idea!

Offline chaz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2016, 01:55:22 PM »
Most lyrics are a beat or two behind.. I don't have issues with other players..Virtual DJ is right on . Something with our player

Offline Fabio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2016, 07:56:53 PM »
Virtual DJ is right on . Something with our player

Are you saying VDJ is okay or there is something wrong? Your comment just seems contradictory.
Fabio Q.
Shooting Star Karaoke

Offline chaz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2016, 08:28:55 PM »
When using Virtual Studio I have to adjust karaoke lyric speed.. In other programs it just works.. I don't know why but usually I adjust 1 to 2 clicks faster from center.

Offline summergleason

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2016, 09:16:14 PM »
I also have the syncing of lyrics problem. Not one karaoke song is in sync.  Also tried other programs and no sync problems.
It won't matter to send Justin a sample karaoke file because virtual studio is the culprit.  I really like the software, but the
syncing of lyrics is off.

Offline Fabio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2016, 02:02:04 AM »
hmmmm...I'm not experiencing that with most songs.  It only seems to happen with certain songs for me.

Is it maybe just a slight delay or the lyrics?  I occasionally see that with some songs, but I don't necessarily see that as an off sync problem.  :-\
Fabio Q.
Shooting Star Karaoke

Offline chaz

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2016, 12:44:00 PM »
I run two versions of the latest release and 1 copy of the latest version 6 in my office. I have a sync problem on every computer I have tried with this software. I thought everyone knew there was an issue as to why we had the lyric adjuster .... LOL

Guess I should have said something earlier, just thought it was in the works.

Chaz

Offline Fabio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2016, 04:25:37 PM »
Chaz:

Are you seeing the slight delay or are they just completely off and you have to keep adjusting it.  My issue was with some songs where the sync adjustment has to moved more than the sync button allows. 

I'm now wondering if I just got used to just seeing the lyrics slightly delayed.  :-\

I'm gonna have to look very closely on Friday.
Fabio Q.
Shooting Star Karaoke

Offline chaz

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2016, 10:42:17 AM »
The sync is definitely off. It will be about a beat or two behind on just about every song in my library. Last night I forgot to move the sync and a singer stopped singing to tell me its slow.. Some ppl will follow the colored words to a tee.
In posts ^ I meant to say the program Virtual DJ (the dj company) and not virtual dj studio

Offline Fabio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2016, 01:16:53 PM »
In posts ^ I meant to say the program Virtual DJ (the dj company) and not virtual dj studio

Ah, ok, now I got it. 

I'm hosting this weekend starting tonight and I'm going to watch it more closely.
Fabio Q.
Shooting Star Karaoke

Offline Justin

• Site Administrator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Virtual DJ Studio
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2016, 02:14:27 PM »
Here is the problem, and it's two-fold. First of all, there is a minor outstanding bug in VDJ where it determines the start of the music vs the start of the Lyrics. I'm working on fixing that. It mostly only affects songs with an ID3 tag in the MP3, or where the size calculation (internally) is slightly off...

Secondly, and more importantly, is the fact that if you connect to an HDTV via HDMI, there *will* be a slight delay that cannot be predicted or known about. If you are instead using a computer monitor, you usually won't have that problem.

Putting the HDTV in "game mode" would help (it removes a lot of the image processing that requires the delay) but obviously not the easiest thing to do at different venues...

In the next update I'll be addressing this problem, but I think it should keep the sync slider position the same between songs *for the reason mentioned above*, to counter-act any TV processing delay.

I do believe there used to be a setting somewhere to automatically reset that between songs but it must have gotten lost in some of the dialog changes...
-- Justin Nelson, CEO
   Next Generation Software, Inc.
   http://www.vdj.net/