Virtual DJ Studio Home | NGWave Home | Official Facebook Page | Unofficial VDJ Users Group

Author Topic: Changing Trigger Speeds  (Read 6193 times)

Offline vcationguy

• View Profile
Changing Trigger Speeds
« on: June 27, 2016, 08:23:40 PM »
Ok, I haven't used the DJ part of VDJ for a long time.  I want to be able to trigger the next song and want to do it very quickly.  I've checked through the crossfade options and can't find a way to change the speed when I stop a song to trigger it.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Offline Fabio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Changing Trigger Speeds
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 08:55:51 PM »
Are you talking about the auto trigger?  The little yellow arrow on the lines?  If so there is no way to make it go faster.  It basically relies on one of two choices:

1- Trigger Next song/line when X seconds remaining.

or

2- Trigger Next song/line when level Reaches XX db.

changing either of these two settings under the crossfade options might give you a fast crossfade...but it is not technically faster, all it's doing it's choosing WHEN to trigger the crossfade.  By definition the crossfade is going to be gradual change, not a quick change, so there not going to be a quick way to do it.  If you want to start playing right away, you'll have to manually click the play button on the line you want to start playing and then manually click the stop button on the previous line.

Fabio Q.
Shooting Star Karaoke

Offline vcationguy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2016, 05:50:19 AM »
Thanks Fabio.  What you suggested is what I figured was the only way and was trying that.  Hope you're doing well!

Offline Fabio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2016, 01:57:01 PM »
Yeah sorry I couldn't be more help Ron.  I'm doing well.  I hope you are too!

Fabio Q.
Shooting Star Karaoke

Offline vcationguy

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2016, 05:10:04 AM »
Hi Fabio,

FYI, I decided instead of trying to trigger what I needed (putting something together for a show), I just used NGWave to cut, paste and blend the three songs (I wanted to use parts of) together.  :)  Works better anyway and I enjoy using NGWave.

Any word from Justin?

Ron

Offline Fabio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2016, 05:11:19 PM »
I just used NGWave to cut, paste and blend the three songs

Well...I guess that works too....I've used it very sparingly myself but I'm glad if works!

No, I haven't heard from him..but I really haven't been trying to get in touch with him.  I did see a post from him last week sometime on FB, but that's about it.

-Fabio
Fabio Q.
Shooting Star Karaoke

Offline chaz

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2016, 07:30:01 PM »
I had an issue on this past saturday's wedding. I was doin the intros and set up 6 songs with different cue points....tried doing ctrl shift + player but with mic in hand and cheat sheet with my verbage.. I struggled changing songs when needed... I needed a better fade out system ... Ideas Fabio

Offline Fabio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2016, 08:17:58 PM »
I'm assuming you're using your laptop's mouse pad, correct?  I hate those things...I just carry a really good mouse and it's much easier to use. It can be used on any kind of surface and even works in glass because you never know in what situation you're going to be in...what surfaces you're going to be using it on. 
Fabio Q.
Shooting Star Karaoke

Offline chaz

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2016, 07:59:55 PM »
I had a mouse as well .. I didn't have enough hands though.. had to hit cntrl. shift and player number.. plus mic and papers... etc.. needed my headset mic .. lol.. Spent so much time getting cue spots set for each channel .. then i had some dead air.. Just disappointed in myself.. Should've been using my other program Virtual dj. but wanted to use the request system for reception songs

Offline Sortr

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2017, 11:17:52 PM »
I had a mouse as well .. I didn't have enough hands though.. had to hit cntrl. shift and player number.. plus mic and papers... etc.. needed my headset mic .. lol.. Spent so much time getting cue spots set for each channel .. then i had some dead air.. Just disappointed in myself.. Should've been using my other program Virtual dj. but wanted to use the request system for reception songs

Ha ha I hear you. You need 3 hands to do this.