Virtual DJ Studio Home | NGWave Home | Official Facebook Page | Unofficial VDJ Users Group

Author Topic: Vacation...  (Read 4047 times)

Offline Justin

• Site Administrator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Virtual DJ Studio
Vacation...
« on: December 07, 2016, 11:47:57 AM »
Well, not exactly a vacation, but some personal/medical issues are happening soon and I'll be out of commission for a bit. So development on 8.0 is going to be pushed off a bit more unfortunately. I had been working on the hosted server-side app, and some progress has been made there, however the current VDJ won't interface with it (actually the new one doesn't yet either -- haven't written that code yet).

Anyway, I did put out a minor update, 7.5.0, which fixes an irritating issue where if an error message box came up while VDJ was loading, it would be *behind* the splash screen and therefore unreadable. So the program just looked frozen. This has been fixed, along with a few very minor code tweaks but nothing you'll likely notice otherwise.

Please bear with me, and have a happy holiday season. I'll be back at it as soon as I can.
-- Justin Nelson, CEO
   Next Generation Software, Inc.
   http://www.vdj.net/

Offline chaz

• View Profile
Re: Vacation...
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 11:06:08 PM »
Best wishes.. Happy Holidays

Offline vcationguy

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 05:58:44 AM »
Merry Christmas and best wishes with your upcoming events.  I'll say a prayer for you.  :)

Offline Justin

• Site Administrator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Virtual DJ Studio
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2016, 10:10:04 AM »
Well I'm back home now, had a bit of surgery, and this time everything went about as well as it possibly could have. I'm still recovering but I feel great, and I'll be back to coding probably right after the holidays. I am excited to get this 8.0 release out to you guys, and now that I have my energy back, and all that anxiety of an upcoming potentially dangerous surgery behind me, I'm ready to rock and roll!

I mentioned in another post that I'm considering taking my DJ book and making it available for free in an online, always up-to-date version, supported by a small ad (like what you see at the top of this page). A lot of questions that are asked here can be easily answered by linking to a page in the book, and it will be fully searchable, indexed by the search engines as well, etc... I'll work on that when I'm too tired to write code :) Initially it'll be a mostly copy & paste but I want to reformat it to be more web-friendly (and search-engine friendly), as well as mobile-friendly for reading on-the-go.

Thanks for all the well wishes. I'm going to keep resting up and just enjoy the holidays but I'll dive back into VDJ in the next couple of weeks.
-- Justin Nelson, CEO
   Next Generation Software, Inc.
   http://www.vdj.net/

Offline chaz

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2016, 01:06:17 PM »
Glad to hear all is well..
(sings) all I wan't for Christmas is my VDJ8 ...

As of the first week of January I will not be doing regular Karaoke gigs.. my kids are going to take over. I still will be doing Weddings and private events.. Taking care of the backside of the DJ business, bookings music etc...
We are going to open a hot dog cart and catering company.. possibly a sandwich shop as well... All by March I hope.

I went through heart surgery myself, so I have a bit of experience with the recovery as well... Take it easy.. Don't get stressed .... Enjoy the holidays.

Offline vcationguy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2016, 05:23:10 AM »
Glad you're back and feeling better Justin.  I'm looking forward to V8 also!

I bought your book a few years ago.  Will be looking forward to the update.  Good luck with your new business ventures Chaz.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to everybody!  :)

Ron

Offline Fabio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2016, 07:43:39 PM »

Yes, we were hoping for VDJ8 under the Xmas tree but, we'll have to wait unit it's ready  :P.
I'm glad you're back Justin!  Good to know the surgery went well!

Fabio Q.
Shooting Star Karaoke