Virtual DJ Studio Home | NGWave Home | Official Facebook Page | Unofficial VDJ Users Group

Author Topic: New versions  (Read 2935 times)

Offline chaz

• View Profile
New versions
« on: December 09, 2016, 02:27:49 PM »
One of the key features I miss of my old karaoke program was the option to select a different version for a song... I am curious if this is something we could do..
With our online books we had the option not use the disk id's .. it was default SC, MM, CB,DK, what ever else was available.. etc...
If you did use disk id's and someone picked CB for Friends in low places with a click of the mouse you could change that to SC.

The books as they are now.. everyone has a habit of picking the top placed song. I am in the process of eliminating those horrible versions but what a long process....

Thoughts?

Offline Fabio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: New versions
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2016, 07:30:32 PM »
I believe, if you right-click the submitted song (I don't have my laptop to test), it will give you an option to search again based on their song and you can pick something else.  The only problem with this is that I'm not always certain that they didn't make the choice based on their preference for specific version.  While probably 90% of the people probably pick the first choice, there are some who actually pick based on the manufacturer.  Like if they find an SC version over the others.   I wish we could mark some of them as "best version" and they end being first and perhaps highlighted in bold or something so they'd pick the better version. 

The other is to eliminate certain versions by moving it into folders that are not going to be scanned by VDJ and so it won't show them....but yes, that is a lot of work and you won't be able to search them in case you need it a different version.  There is an exclusion list (songs you've chosen not to display in the search), but you have to add one song a time.  It would be nice to exclude whole folders. 

Fabio Q.
Shooting Star Karaoke

Offline chaz

• View Profile
Re: New versions
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 09:21:49 PM »
Currently I am using a program called KJ file manager.. to eliminate duplicates that I believe to be un-usable versions. .. For instance I ended up purchasing the SGB ( Sweet Georgia Brown ) library for like $120.. I have found like 5 songs that are better than other versions..
I only need 1 version of Patsy Cline Crazy from SC.. Not 6.. LOL
Slow and tedious.. Though I do like the option to play tracks to dbl check them right from the program....

There has to be another ... simpler way...
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 10:09:51 PM by chaz »