Virtual DJ Studio Home | NGWave Home | Official Facebook Page | Unofficial VDJ Users Group

Author Topic: Singers Profile Picture ?  (Read 6703 times)

Offline RonniesCamaro

• View Profile
Singers Profile Picture ?
« on: January 22, 2017, 05:15:53 PM »
  Can someone tell me which version or how to show the singers profile pic, "Full Screen" ? I used to be able to do this but cant now that i upgraded several times, please help?

Offline Fabio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Singers Profile Picture ?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2017, 08:43:53 PM »
I think it was version 7.0.4 (or perhaps 6.9) just because it's one we were talking about in this post:

http://www.vdj.net/discussion/index.php/topic,109.msg814.html#msg814

Here's where the old version are found:

http://www.vdj.net/dl/

-Fabio

Fabio Q.
Shooting Star Karaoke

Offline RonniesCamaro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 01:31:49 PM »
Thanks.... Will this display the singers picture Full screen, whole background, not the picture in a little box on the left, the whole background screen. I used to be able to do this?

Offline Justin

• Site Administrator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Virtual DJ Studio
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2017, 10:33:34 AM »
That was indeed in the 6.9 version. As of the 7.0 update I had removed that feature.

I *may* reintroduce it, as you're not the first person who has asked about it, and it's really not a difficult thing to add back in.

The main reason I had taken it out in the first place was that, as of 7.0, VDJ only stores a small version of the photo, so that it doesn't have to scale it every time it is used. So blowing up that smaller version to full screen would end up with a very pixelated background.

I'm thinking of doing a couple of things for the next update: Allowing you to keep the full-sized version of whatever picture was submitted (regardless of how it was obtained), as well as keeping the smaller version plus the thumbnail versions. Then it would be simple enough to simply "swap" the background to the current singer, if you wished to do so.

I also have considered doing the same with embedded album covers (in the ID3 tag of an MP3 file), but only for music, and again only as an option. If no album art is present it would of course fall back to the default background chosen.

This will come back soon, as I'm working on the web app, and one of the big parts of that is the ability to use the app to create/change your picture. Phone pics these days are generally really high quality (as in, large dimension/large file size) but this way I can also let the user (or the DJ) "crop" and position the photo for best results for the smaller/thumbnail versions.
-- Justin Nelson, CEO
   Next Generation Software, Inc.
   http://www.vdj.net/

Offline RonniesCamaro

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 01:52:38 PM »
That would be so Awesome! My singers loved it when they came up to sing and found there personal picture on the full screen background, they felt special. When it disappeared they kept asking why. I even went back to older version like 6.7 and still don't seem to work.  Thank You for looking into this and i look forward to having that feature again.  :)

Offline RonniesCamaro

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2017, 02:15:15 AM »
I just did an update, doesnt seem to be working with a Full Screen picture yet, or i may be wrong?

Offline Justin

• Site Administrator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Virtual DJ Studio
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2017, 08:09:57 AM »
When you say you did an update - to which version? I am almost positive the 6.9 version was the last version to have this feature. It was a checkbox somewhere toward the bottom of the Karaoke Queue tab I believe.

Note that you would need a different license to use the 6.x versions rather than the 7.x versions - so I have to ask, which version are you actually licensed for (or did you buy the upgrade at some point)?

If you find the version that works for you, and if you're licensed for the 7.x series, shoot me an email and I can generate a 6.x license for you. I will be adding the feature back in at some point but I can't promise when that will happen - there are a lot of new things going on with the program at the moment...

Without actually installing/checking each version I can't say for certain when that feature was removed, but the forum post I referenced earlier kinda mentions why I removed the feature and should help narrow it down...
-- Justin Nelson, CEO
   Next Generation Software, Inc.
   http://www.vdj.net/

Offline RonniesCamaro

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2017, 03:09:41 PM »
Im back on the 6.9 version and have my singers pictures back up, Thank You so much for your help, they will be excited.

Offline RonniesCamaro

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2017, 03:46:59 PM »
I recently had to replace my laptop and re-install 6.9 and now its not working with the singers picture in the background? Was it removed, is there another version or now in the new version, please help?

Offline Fabio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2017, 04:59:29 PM »
I just re-installed it on a spare laptop just to verify and it is still there in 6.9.  And it is...You do need to save the singer and you do need to check the box under the saved singers tab (see my screenshot) to activate it.  The feature has not been added back in since it was removed after that.  It's partially my fault (maybe) that it was removed, I believe Justin asked about the feature when he was working on 7.x and I and others mentioned our singers thought it was weird to watch themselves in the background so Justin removed it.  I believe in a recent post Justin did mentioned that he was planning to add it back in since it appeared some people were using it.  I know I stopped using it after my singers mentioned it was weird for them and probably won't use it when he does add it back in, but there is no reason not to have it when other people are okay with it.

-Fabio

Fabio Q.
Shooting Star Karaoke

Offline RonniesCamaro

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2017, 03:33:46 PM »
OK, it's working now, Thank You again, happy singers...