Virtual DJ Studio Home | NGWave Home | Official Facebook Page | Unofficial VDJ Users Group

Author Topic: Monitor Sound Output  (Read 3139 times)

Offline RonniesCamaro

• View Profile
Monitor Sound Output
« on: September 25, 2017, 02:40:26 PM »
 Hi there, when running karaoke, i cant get any sound through my floor monitor speaker for the singers? I have 2 mains running and the monitor, Everything works fine when im DJ'ng through my Serato program? Please help....

Offline Fabio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Monitor Sound Output
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2017, 03:25:02 PM »
Hi Ron:

That's pretty odd. As far as I know, there is no splitting of the sound for mains and monitors on VDJ.  Is your monitor speaker active (powered) or passive? Is Serato just a program or is there hardware to go along with it?  If there is hardware involved that is different than what you're using for for VDJ then that might explain it.  If for example this piece of Serato hardware might have a monitor output (xlr or 1/4" or some other connection) which might be powered.  This means your monitor speaker does not need to be be an active (powered) and it can be passive.  Conversely when you're using VDJ, you might be using a different piece of hardware (an amp/mixer) which does not have a powered output for the monitor.  This means the monitor needs to be powered in order for it to work.  For example, none of my mixers have a powered output for the monitor port, so I need the monitor to be powered.  If I connect a passive speaker no sound will come out of it.

-Fabio
Fabio Q.
Shooting Star Karaoke