Virtual DJ Studio Home | NGWave Home | Official Facebook Page | Unofficial VDJ Users Group

Author Topic: virtual dj studio 2015  (Read 2413 times)

Offline gary bremner

• View Profile
virtual dj studio 2015
« on: May 29, 2018, 10:01:59 AM »
Hi there, i wonder if anyone can help me. I am using a laptop with an external hard drive which stores all my karaoke files and music files.

Every couple of weeks or so, the programme seems to lose all my files, and i have to re index everything again, all 240000 of them.

I can still use the programme, but i have to type everything in very slowly, if i dont the laptop freezes and the words on the screen freezes too which as you can imagine is very frustrating.   :(

Any help would be appreciated.

Gary.

Offline Fabio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: virtual dj studio 2015
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2018, 02:28:53 PM »
>>Every couple of weeks or so, the programme seems to lose all my files, and i have to re index everything again, all 240000 of them.

Do you by any chance have the "Re-index checked folders at startup" checked (see my attached screenshot) and any of the folders you're indexing checked as well?  If so I can see where in series of circumstances this can occur.  For example if you fail to plug in your external hard drive *BEFORE* you start VDJ (Virtual DJ Studio) or if Windows does not detect you external hard drive and these boxes are checked.  This basically means it would re-index those folders when you STARTUP but since your drive was not plugged in or Windows did not detect it it will run the reindex but will not find anything and basically clear out your database of songs.  With an external drive it's best to keep that box unchecked just case you forget to plug in your drive.  Or keep a copy of your vdjdb7.dat file located in "%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Next Generation Software\Virtual DJ Studio 2015\" to replace once you make sure the drive is plugged in and being detected.  This file is your complete index and if you keep a copy of it, you don't have to keep re-indexing, you can drop it back in there when necessary.

Fabio Q.
Shooting Star Karaoke

Offline mnementh

• View Profile
Re: virtual dj studio 2015
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 06:16:35 AM »
Hi there,
this isn't as uncommon as you might think and the solution "might" be that your PC isn't seeing your external hard drive as the same drive letter as it did before.

If you have more than one USB peripheral plugged in, then the allocated drive letter changes depending on the order they are fitted.

You can "force" your PC to "see" your external drive as a specific drive letter fairly easily (just Google it) and if that's what's causing your problem, it should just go away.

Sandy.