Virtual DJ Studio Home | NGWave Home | Official Facebook Page | Unofficial VDJ Users Group

Author Topic: Using 2 Audio Devices  (Read 1166 times)

Offline rcacc

• View Profile
Using 2 Audio Devices
« on: November 02, 2018, 04:14:24 AM »
I currently own VDJ Studio version 6.9 and love it.  But I need some help.

I wanted to be able to preview upcoming songs on heads phones, so I purchased a USB sound device and plugged headphones into it, I went into options and set my laptop as the primary audio device and my USB sound device as secondary.

I played a song on one player line and played a second song on a different player line, on the second song I club the “preview” option.  In the end I want the first song to play on the laptop via primary audit device and the 2nd song to play on the head phones via the secondary USB device.

The result is that I get both songs playing on both primary and secondary audio devices, they do not separate.

I thought maybe the version that I had 6.9 had a bug in it, so I downloaded version 7.8.5 and uninstalled version 6.9 to avoid a conflict between the 2 versions, the problems continues to be an issue.

What am I doing wrong or any ideas?

Offline Fabio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Using 2 Audio Devices
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 10:24:20 AM »
Hi RCACC:

Personally I would do it the other way, usually external devices have better sound, most laptop soundcards are not great so you'd probably want the USB Soundcard to be your main, and the laptop sound to be your 2ndary.  Either Way, it should work regardless which one is set as the primary and which one is set as the 2ndary.  If you click the play button while your holding down the control key on your keyboard it should play the song in preview mode and the "preview light" should turn on. 

BTW, I'm not sure what you mean by "I club the preview option", but I'm guessing you're clicking on the preview "light" which doesn't do anything. It's only meant to be a "light" to indicate when you're in preview mode on that line.

Also, if you don't remember the controls, if you right click on any line you can see that the "control-click" is the feature you're looking for.  See my attached screenshot.

-Fabio
Fabio Q.
Shooting Star Karaoke