Virtual DJ Studio Home | NGWave Home | Official Facebook Page | Unofficial VDJ Users Group

Author Topic: issue while adding new song to singers list  (Read 8645 times)

Offline Fabio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
issue while adding new song to singers list
« on: June 13, 2013, 03:16:31 PM »
Hi Justin:

This is the first time it has happened...it's not a big deal but I wanted to report it in case anyone else runs into a similar issue.

While adding a song to a saved singer I got a "freeze" on the Music Search/Tools.  I got the equivalent of the hourglass (spinning circle) while the cursor was on that window, but the controls continued to work except that it would no longer show any saved singer's songs no matter whom was chosen.  I was still able to click and use the singers queue tab and add new singers and songs but the spinning circle continued spinning and even going back to the saved singers list did not display any saved songs. The CDG screen went away but the sound continued playing for the currently playing song.  I was able to toggle off and on the check box "Show CDG Screen" and it did come back. After the singer finished I closed VDJ for a second and then restarted, everything went back to normal and I checked the song I was adding for the singer and it had gotten saved...it didn't happen again.  So I'm putting it here for the sake of documenting.

Fabio Q.
Shooting Star Karaoke

Offline Justin

• Site Administrator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Virtual DJ Studio
Re: issue while adding new song to singers list
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 12:06:16 PM »
Just to see if I can replicate this issue, if you remember exactly how you added the song, that would help...

Did you use Drag 'n' Drop, the Add button, or something else? If Dragged, from where (external program, a player line, the music DB, or ?)

When you dragged, did you drag it over the singer's name or in the list on the right?

Let me know, because I can't seem to duplicate this by any means so far... perhaps it was just a fluke but if not I'd love to fix it...
-- Justin Nelson, CEO
   Next Generation Software, Inc.
   http://www.vdj.net/

Offline Fabio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: issue while adding new song to singers list
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2013, 12:32:31 PM »
I use the drag and drop...I use the drag and drop almost exclusively for most things.  And I used an external program (called Everything (as you know I don't use the music DB).  When I dragged over, I did drag over the singer's name...by the way, if you can, add a bit of a delay when dragging over the saved singer's list.  I have to be very careful that I drag over the singer I want to drop it into before I let go of the mouse button, if I'm off by just a little bit a different saved singer gets selected and I have to move back over the saved singers name before I drop it. But this is not a big deal, I realize I'm using an external application that's not meant to work with VDJ, so it's not a big deal.

Justin, don't worry too much about this issue, it hasn't happened since, it was probably a fluke as you mentioned, I just wanted to document it in case it happens again or it happens to someone else then maybe you can look into it.

-Fabio
Fabio Q.
Shooting Star Karaoke