Virtual DJ Studio Home | NGWave Home | Official Facebook Page | Unofficial VDJ Users Group

Author Topic: New mics  (Read 8055 times)

Offline Fabio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
New mics
« on: July 25, 2013, 02:59:47 PM »
Starting a new post on the mics....quoting from another post wher jjustin said:

I realize we got way off-topic here on the wireless mic thing, but look what I found:

http://vocopro.com/products/product_info.php?ID=466

This would be the new, UHF, rechargeable, metal VocoPro mics in a set of 4 with a 4-channel rack-mount receiver!

Well I decided to get this a day later after my last post...Justin, you convinced me and my current mics I've using for years have started giving trouble...well...one of them anyway...so I have been using 3 only...unfortunately I host at a bar where people love to sing songs in groups  :o  and they've been asking where's the 4th mic...normally I don't share the mic I use to announce (I kept getting sick all the time when I was sharing) so there were only 2 available and they had gotten used to having 3 available.  They're going to be happy next week cause I just got them!

[attachment deleted by admin]
Fabio Q.
Shooting Star Karaoke

Offline Justin

• Site Administrator
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Virtual DJ Studio
Re: New mics
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2013, 03:09:49 PM »
Awesome! If they're the same quality build as the ones I've been using, you'll be happy for years to come!

As for sharing mics - I use a wired uni-directional mic for myself most of the time, unless I'm singing. Also, I always keep a container of Clorox wipes and I do wipe down my mics, usually discreetly under the table so as not to offend anyone. And of course Purell is always in my gig tote.

I learned all of this sanitary stuff from a book I once read... :P
-- Justin Nelson, CEO
   Next Generation Software, Inc.
   http://www.vdj.net/

Offline Fabio

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: New mics
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2013, 04:46:33 PM »

I learned all of this sanitary stuff from a book I once read... :P

Lol,

I started carrying the Clorox wipes as well about 2 years ago after going through about 4 colds/sinus infections between October and March.  They would start as colds and then turned into sinus infections.  I would get better for a couple of weeks and then I would catch it again.  I did try to use a wireless headset mic with the frequency of one of regular mics but it never really worked as well as the hand held ones.  As far as the wiping, my singers know that I wipe ALL of them regardless of who is singing so no one gets offended and they welcome it.  Luckily when singers are using them one a time I can clean the others between songs so the next person gets a clean mic and I just keep rotating them.  When they end up using all the mics at once, then while I call up the next person, I wipe them all down and once you get them used to it they don't get offended.
Fabio Q.
Shooting Star Karaoke